The shop is now open for appointment shopping. Please read the following guidelines and restrictions PRIOR to signing up for a shopping session. We have re-designed the shop from top to bottom, taking into account the safety of our community members and staff, as well as the workflow for our new business reality. We expect this model, shopping by appointment, to be in place until 2021. We realize this is not ideal—for you or for us—and it may be easier to get your books elsewhere. However, your commitment to shopping with us over the last five months has kept us afloat, if just barely. Small businesses are closing all over the country and, like the Little Engine That Could, we are grateful to our friends and we will continue to say to ourselves "We Think We Can."
Your cooperation is critical, and opening our doors is an experiment. We will re-evaluate our operation continuously moving forward and might find it necessary to change our policies as we adapt to customers in the bookstore and the reality of the coronavirus in our community, with health and safety being the priority. Thank you in advance!
- Staff will remain behind the counter. However, we will be available for questions.
- In addition to one shopping group reservation at a time, customers with orders to PICK-UP will be permitted into the store to purchase/pick-up their order. They must call first and enter one at a time. If another customer is at the register, to maintain social distance, we have identified where to wait as the customer finishes their transaction.
Appointment Shopping Details:
- Masks MUST be worn at all times.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering, and of course, welcome to use upon exiting.
- If anyone in your party is feeling ill, has a fever, or has been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 that person should stay at home.
- This is a shopping appointment, not playtime. All of our toys, trains, play-books, etc. have been put away.
- One "group" of shoppers at a time. The group may include more than 1 family, but a maximum of 6 people.
- Names and contact information of all persons will be required (for potential contact-tracing).
- Reserved time slots vary depending on days - 30 minutes Thursdays & Fridays, 20 minutes on Weekends
- Children under the age of 6 are discouraged. However, they may enter if directly supervised (1 child to 1 adult).
- 4 rooms of shopping: 2 rooms on the first floor and 2 rooms on the second floor, stair access only.
- All doorknobs and handrails will be disinfected between appointments.
Thu. 9/24 Fri. 9/25, Sat. 9/26 & Sun. 9/27 SIGN UP OPEN - Click HERE