Join penguins Edward and Annie, the famous viral sensations, as they waddle through Chicago's Shedd Aquarium in this funny and surprising adventure story that teaches kids and adults alike that life's biggest changes lead to great discoveries and new friends.
When Edward and Annie wake up one day, something is different. What could it be? Join this penguin pair on an adventure through the marine world exploring the unknown parts of their aquarium home. As they meet the other wonderfully strange creatures living there, these penguin friends discover that the world is much bigger and more interesting than they ever knew. Will they learn that different is not too bad, especially when you're safe among your friends?
Edward and Annie teaches 4 to 8-year-olds that
- the best adventures start with trying something new
- a community is made of individuals who are each different, beautiful, and amazing
- trying new things can be rewarding
In this funny read-aloud picture book by Caryn Rivadeneira, children will
- meet the real-life rockhopper penguins, Edward and Annie, who made a big splash on social media
- learn about the other sea animals that live at the aquarium, including Wellington the penguin and Annik the baby beluga
- learn fascinating science facts during family reading time or preschool and elementary STEM lessons in marine biology
- laugh at the penguins' curious questions and silly antics
Your family will fall in love with these sweet, energetic penguins as together you discover that the world is a wonderful and surprising place--a place that is even better when explored with a friend by your side