Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Miriam Black series.
- #1: Blackbirds (Miriam Black #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: The Cormorant (Miriam Black #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: Thunderbird (Miriam Black #4) (Hardcover): Please call store for availability.
- #5: The Raptor & the Wren (Miriam Black #5) (Paperback): $16.99
- #6: Vultures (Miriam Black #6) (Paperback): $16.99
Miriam Black is trying to live an ordinary life, keeping her ability to see how someone dies hidden...until a serial killer crosses her path. This is the second book in the Miriam Black series.
"Visceral and often brutal, this tale vibrates with emotional rawness that helps to paint a bleak, unrelenting picture of life on the edge." --Publishers Weekly
Miriam is trying. Really, she is. But this whole "settling down thing" just isn't working out.
She lives on Long Beach Island all year in a run-down, double-wide trailer. She works at a grocery store as a checkout girl. And her relationship with Louis--who's on the road half the time in his truck--is subject to the mood swings Miriam brings to everything she does. It just isn't going well.
Still, she's keeping her psychic ability--to see when and how someone is going to die just by touching them--in check. But even that feels wrong somehow. Like she's keeping a tornado stopped up in a tiny bottle. Then comes the one bad day that turns it all on her ear.