There's a ton of buzz: a LibraryReads Pick for July, a Goodreads Hottest Reads of Summer pick, it's a Most Anticipated book at Crimereads, Women.com, and SheReads have picked it as a Most Anticipated Book of Summer and/or 2022, and it has fantastic trade reviews!
THINGS WE DO IN THE DARK, A Novel by Jennifer Hillier, Minotaur Books, 7/19/22
Pre-order today, and join us for a meet & greet reception and book signing on Tuesday, July 19 in the shop. Only books purchased in the shop will be eligible for signature. For more information, see our Signing Policies.
- Purchase of Things We Do in the Dark* is your entrance to the meet & greet and signing line.
- We recommend you purchase prior to the event online or over the phone.
- Attendees may arrive anytime between 6 pm and 7:15 pm.
- There may be a line to enter the meet & greet room.
- Persons that arrive prior to 6 pm will line up outside.
- Parking update - 3rd street is the accees point to the parking lot behind the shop, it is unfortunately closed for repair. You can access the same lot via 2nd street.
- Stair access only - there are 3 steps to main floor. The 2nd & 3rd floor is by stairs only. The restroom is on the second floor.
- Signing will take place on the first floor. Although it is reception style, we will limit the number of people in the signing room at a time. Our policy states only books purchased from our bookstore are eligible to be signed, however, for this event we have modified to the following: If you purchase one copy with us, you may have one signed from home.
- Masks are not required, however, the space is small, and we still recommend wearing them. If you feel ill, please stay home!
When Paris Peralta is arrested in her own bathroom—covered in blood, holding a straight razor, her celebrity husband dead in the bathtub behind her—she knows she'll be charged with murder. But as bad as this looks, it's not what worries her the most. With the unwanted media attention now surrounding her, it's only a matter of time before someone from her long-hidden past recognizes her and destroys the new life she's worked so hard to build, along with any chance of a future.
Twenty-five years earlier, Ruby Reyes, known as the Ice Queen, was convicted of a similar murder in a trial that riveted Canada in the early nineties. Reyes knows who Paris really is, and when she's unexpectedly released from prison, she threatens to expose all of Paris's secrets. Left with no other choice, Paris must finally confront the dark past she escaped, once and for all.
Because the only thing worse than a murder charge are two murder charges.
Jennifer Hillier is the bestselling author of Little Secrets (finalist, Los Angeles Times Book Prize and Anthony Award), and Jar of Hearts (winner, ITW Thriller Award, and finalist for the Anthony and Macavity Awards). A Filipino-Canadian born and raised in Toronto, she lived in Seattle for many years before returning to Canada. She currently lives in Oakville, Ontario with her family.