Let's Play Books Bookstore believes in supporting local indie-published authors by providing an opportunity to sell their books in our store through our consignment program. This is a great way for our bookshop to stock your self-published title! There is a one-time $25.00 administrative fee, and we accept two copies of your title. We have additional marketing programs available, from website and social media to in-store events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these programs.
- Please review the information and respect our process, otherwise your submission will not be considered.
- We are not able to speak with authors about their titles - unfortunately there is just not time!
- All local, independently-published authors are eligible for this program - of any age!
- Local is defined as the author's primary residence being in Lehigh, Carbon, Schuykill, Berk, Montgomery or Bucks county.
- Your book must have an ISBN
- Titles not available to us through traditional distribution, with traditional discount schedule, or are non-returnable, fall into this catagory. This means that if your publisher does not distribute through the established distibution wholesalers, then you must consign. Likewise, if your book is distributed traditionally, but does not have a regular discount schedule and/or is not returnable, then you must consign.
If your book meets every basic requirement above, you may qualify for placement in our program. We review every book that we consider before making our decision, and look for the following in newly self-published books:
- Grammar mistakes and typos should be minimal if not completely absent
- Cover design must be marketable and well thought out
- Page layout must be clear and professional
- Illustrations and photos must be well placed, and clearly reproduced on the page
- We will be taking content and the quality of writing into consideration
- Agree to pay $25.00 per title consignment fee
- Agree to retail split of 40/60%
Please note, we are unable to accept new books on consignment in May, or from October 1 through December 31.
Twice a year, we will host a Local Author Night. Any authors that consign with us are invited to join us for a meet & greet/book signing event!
Download and complete the form below, then bring it to the shop with one or two copies of your book and a check for $25 per title. Payment must be made by check. If we decline to carry your book, the check and any books will be returned to you.